About .ai Domains
DataHaven.Net LTD is the sponsor and Hexonet aka 1 Api GmbH is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .ai extensions that represents Anguilla.
Who can register .ai domains?
Anyone can register .ai domain names.
When registering a .ai domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 2,4,6,8 and 10 years
- Renewal length: 2,4,6,8 and 10 years
- You must renew your .ai domain name by its expiration date.
- If you set your domain name to auto-renew, we first attempt auto-renewal 20 days prior to the domain name's expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal 13 days prior to the domain name's expiration date. If the second attempt fails, we make a final attempt 6 days prior to the domain name's expiration date.
- For example: Your .ai domain name expires on January 31st. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by that date. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on January 11th, January 18th, and January 25th.
- Due to time zone differences, registry updates to your .ai domain name occur very early in the day. If you decide to manually renew your domain name, we recommend that you do so prior to its expiration date.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by its expiration date, you can attempt to recover it, and there might be a fee to do so. See Renew my expired domain for instructions.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Not supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
To cancel your .ai domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Must use: 1-13 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6
- Cannot use: DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms, and then Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.