About .eu domains
Eurid.eu is the sponsor and backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .eu extension that represents the European Union.
Who can register .eu domains?
Registration of .eu domain names is limited to individuals or companies from countries in the European Union.
Note: If your .eu domain is currently suspended due to Brexit, and you have citizenship or a mailing address in a non-UK/GB EU country, please contact our GoDaddy Guides for help.
When registering a .eu domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 2-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st, 3rd, 4th or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- You must renew your .eu domain name by its expiration date.
- If you set your domain name to auto-renew, we first attempt auto-renewal 10 days prior to the domain name's expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal five days prior to the domain name's expiration date. If the second attempt fails, we make a final attempt on the domain name's expiration date.
- For example: Your .eu domain name expires on Jan. 31. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by that date. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on Jan. 21, Jan. 26, and Jan. 31.
- Due to time zone differences, registry updates to your .eu domain name occur very early in the day. If you decide to manually renew your domain name, we recommend that you do so prior to its expiration date.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the expiration date, you can attempt to recover it. There might be a fee to do so. See Renew my expired domain for more information.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Prior to initiating a .eu domain transfer to your account, ensure that your account's mailing address is based in the EU.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Not supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- CashParking: Not supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- Must use: 2-4 Nameservers, Unique IP addresses
- Can use: IPv4, DNSSEC
- Cannot use: IPv6