Accessing Your Database Restore Error Logs
When attempting to perform a database restore, there are a variety of errors that could occur. For example, the system may be unable to locate your back-file or the file validation could fail due to a syntax error in your .sql back-up file script.
To provide you visibility to these errors, so you can make any necessary changes to the back-up file before attempting the restore again, we record the details of the error in an error log within your _db_backups folder on the root level of your hosting account.
To Access Your Database Restore Error Log
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the Databases section of the Hosting Control Panel, click the icon of the database type you're working with.
- From your list of databases, click Actions next to the database you want to use, and then Restore.
- If you received an error while performing the restore, there will be an error message next to Last Restore.
- Click the View Error Log link next to the error message.
- You are prompted to choose a location on your local drive to save the file.
For additional information about database restore errors, see What does my database restore error mean?.