Add a livestream video feed
Add a YouTube or Twitch livestream to your website to share what you’re doing with people on your website. Enable chat to allow real-time discussion.
Note: Before you begin, open a separate web browser tab or window. Go to Twitch or YouTube to set up your livestream video. You’ll need your Channel name or livestream URL before you begin.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to the website you want to change.
- Select Edit Website to open your site editor
- Go to the page and location you want to add the livestream, and add a section.
- Search for the Livestream section, and select Add.
- In the right pane, customize the Title and Description fields.
- Choose Twitch or YouTube from the Choose your streaming platform menu.
- To add a Twitch livestream, find your channel name (usually located next to your profile picture, or at the top of your channel page). Copy that name and paste it into the Channel field on your website.
- To add a YouTube livestream feed, copy the link to your livestream video from YouTube and paste it into the URL field on your website.
- If you enabled live chat for your livestream video in Twitch or YouTube, toggle Show chat on to also enable live chat in your website.
- Choose whether you want to enable the Action Button. If so, edit the Button Label and where the button leads (another page in your website, a website URL, or a product category).
- Any changes are saved automatically, so when you're finished, select Preview to test what it looks like.
- When ready, publish your site.
- If you don't want to add a livestream, consider adding a link to a video instead.
- Twitch article about setting up your stream.
- Twitch developer doc for embedding Twitch in your website.
- YouTube article for getting started with livestreaming.