Add Google Analytics to WordPress with a plugin
There's a more convenient way to add Google Analytics to your WordPress site than manually updating files with the tracking code. Several third-party plugins are available to help—here's how to do that with Site Kit by Google.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- Install and activate the Site Kit plugin.
- In your WordPress dashboard, on the left-side menu, select Site Kit.
- Under Set up Site Kit, select the checkbox next to Connect Google Analytics as a part of your setup and then select Sign in with Google.
- Follow the steps to complete the plugin setup. If you don't already have Google Analytics account, it will be created during the setup.
- To view the reports in your WordPress dashboard, on the left-side menu, select Site Kit and then Dashboard.
Note: It may take up to 72 hours for the stats show up for your site.
Your site is now connected to your Google Analytics account, and you can see the stats in the WordPress dashboard.
- For any issues or help with the plugin, you can check out the official plugin documentation or their support forum on wordpress.org.
- Here's how to add Google Analytics to WordPress without a plugin.