Apply a DNS template
After you create a DNS template, you'll need to apply the template to your domains. Templates let you add multiple DNS records at once, instead of adding individual records to each domain. Applying a template will overwrite any existing DNS records in your zone file.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select Manage DNS to access your zone file.
- Select Apply DNS Template from the More menu.
- Select your template from the dropdown options. Select Edit template if you need to make any changes to the chosen template.
- Choose you template option:
- Add to existing records: We'll add the records from your imported file to your current zone file records. Any duplicates will be skipped.
- Overwrite existing records: We'll delete all non-system records from your current zone file and replace them with the records from the imported file. This could affect any website or email services currently connected to your domain.
- Select Apply DNS Template to save your changes.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour, but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Edit your template details to add or remove records at any time.
- Don't need a template anymore? Delete your templates at any time.