Cancel 2-step verification
Do you have access to a device or app that you used to set up 2SV?
Losing access to your device doesn’t mean losing access to your account! If you no longer have the device, authenticator app or hardware security key that you used to set up 2-step verification, we’ve still got you covered.
Step 1: Check for a backup 2SV method
If you’ve set up an additional 2SV method, you might not need our help at all! After you use your backup method to sign in to your account, you can delete it to cancel 2SV.
- When you’re prompted for your 2SV code during sign-in, select Having trouble signing in? to see a list of 2SV methods that you’ve set up.
- If you have a backup, select it from the list and verify your account that way.
- After you sign in to your account, go to your GoDaddy Login & PIN page.
- Under 2-Step Verification, select Edit.
- Select your 2SV method, then select Delete.
- Select Remove. A success message will display and we'll cancel 2SV immediately.
Step 2: Request access via a webform
We know you’ve got a lot going on, and we want to get you back into your account as quickly as possible. If you don’t have any way to get your 2SV security code, we’ve got a webform just for you. Send us your request and we’ll be happy to help you out!
- Visit our Request to disable 2SV page and select Get Started.
- Under Account Information, enter your Customer Number and select Next.
- Not sure about this? Complete the Forgot Username process to see both your username and Customer Number.
- Under Your Contact Information, enter your Name, Email Address, and Phone Number, then select Next.
- This email address is how we’ll communicate with you, and it must match the email that's on your account. If you need to update the email address on file, use this webform to change it.
- Under Provide Identification, upload a color copy of your government-issued photo identification card. The copy must show a complete name and signature, date of birth, issue and expiration dates, and the person pictured must be clearly identifiable. Select Next.
- Wait… why do you need my ID? You’ve set up 2SV because you want to make sure your account is secure. We want to make sure of that too! We require an ID to bypass the 2SV security measure to make sure that you’re the account owner, so we can keep your account safe from any takeover attempts. Rest assured that the information you send is protected and isn’t used beyond the need to verify your account ownership. For more information about these requirements, please see our Terms of Service.
- Under Company Information, verify whether a company is listed as the account holder, then select Next.
- Add any Additional Information (optional) that you feel would be helpful to include, then select Next.
- Under Confirmations and Agreements, check the box to agree, then complete the security challenge.
- Select Finish to submit your request. You'll hear back from us shortly!
Note: This process is currently experiencing a large volume of requests. We are working diligently to respond as quickly as possible.