In this section, you'll learn how to connect your WooCommerce store to PayPal so your customers can log in using PayPal credentials.
Create a new Paypal app
- Visit the PayPal Developer Center and sign in using your PayPal account credentials.
Note: If you don’t already possess a developer account, this will create one for you.
- Under REST API apps, click the Create App button.
- Here you enter a name for your app and click Create App again.
- Click Live in the top right to generate a live social login connection.
Note: You can also duplicate this with sandbox credentials to test with only sandbox accounts.
- Next, scroll down to the Live App Settings.
Note: Due to a recent change in PayPal's policies, you need to have a special request to access Social Login's details for creating an account for the customer. Our development team is investigating alternative solutions, but for the moment, please reach out to PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org to request special permission for your app.
- Under Return URLs, enter the App Redirect URL. The App Redirect URL is listed in your WooCommerce Social Login settings. It should look similar to this:
Note: You can use the same redirect URL for both live and sandbox PayPal apps.
- Under App feature options, enable Log In with PayPal, and disable the other features.
- Under Log In with PayPal, click Advanced options and change the following:
- Click customize for Personal Information and enable Full Name.
- Enable Address Information.
- Deselect Allow the customers who haven’t yet confirmed their email address with PayPal, to log in to your app.
Note: This is highly recommended, but not required.
- Click Save and confirm your changes.
- With your app now created, scroll up and copy the Client ID and Secret. You will use these to configure your settings inside of WooCommerce.
Enter application details
The next step is to enter the API credentials into the Social Login settings.
- Sign into WordPress.
- Go to WooCommerce and click on Settings.
- Select the Social Login tab and click on Paypal.
- Select Enable Paypal.
- Enter the Client ID and Secret you copied from Paypal.
- Click on Save changes.
Refer to the links below for steps on how to connect other social login methods: