Connect Your Google Analytics Account
Note: If you don’t have a Google Analytics account yet, you’ll need to create one and set up a property for your store before connecting. For Google Analytics 4, you will also need to create a Data Stream and a Measurement Protocol API Secret before you can start receiving tracking data. Currently, both Universal Analytics (UA) and Google Analytics 4 (GA4) properties are supported.
- Sign in to WordPress
- From the left side menu, go to WooCommerce and select Settings.
- Select the Integration tab.
- Click on the Connect your Google Account button.
- You'll then need to login to your Google account that includes the analytics property you want to use.
- Google will ask for you to allow the permissions listed on this screen. Click Continue.
- You will then get redirected back to the Integrations page. You will notice two fields, one for the Google Analytics 4 property and one for the Universal Analytics property. All the properties associated to the connected Google Analytics account will appear in the dropdown lists. Choose the ones you want to connect.
Note: Choosing to leave one of the fields empty (or remove a property even after you have chosen it), will stop tracking any data through that property. For example, if you want to stop using the Universal Analytics property, you can remove it from the field and your site will automatically send all the relevant information only to the connected Google Analytics 4 property.
- After connecting your chosen properties, click on the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
If you experience issues trying to connect, please check the debug mode before attempting to connect again. This will log information, such as API requests, that will help support teams troubleshoot your issues. Leave this disabled for best performance, unless you experience issues.