Customizing email templates
You can customize the automated — or template — notifications that Quick Shopping Cart® sends to the people who interact with your online store. For instance, your customers get emails when their orders ship or if their purchases refund. Your warehouses get emails when they need to ship orders.
Using template messages, you can enter custom text for the message subject line and the introductory and closing text. Customizing template messages is one way to create an identity for your online store.
For more information about working with notifications, see Managing email notifications.
Quick Shopping Cart currently sends the following emails automatically to your customers:
- Order Has Been Placed — Informs the customer you received an order.
- Order Has Shipped — Informs the customer an order shipped.
- Order Has Been Modified — Informs the customer an order was modified.
- Order Canceled — Informs the customer an order was cancelled
- Shipment Status — Informs the customer the status of an order.
- Download is Available — Informs the customer an awaited downloadable item is available
- Reset Password — Sent when a customer forgets a password and selects the password reset option. This e-mail contains a link and instructions for the customer to reset the login password.
- Retrieve Password — Sent when a customer forgets a password and selects the password retrieval option. This e-mail contains a link and instructions for the customer to retrieve the login password.
- Purchase Refunded — Informs the customer a purchase was refunded to their credit card or other payment source.
- PayPal Purchase Refunded — Informs the customer a purchase was refunded to the PayPal® account.
- PayPal Payment Denied — Informs the customer a PayPal payment was denied and the order is on hold until payment is received.
- PayPal eCheck Payment Failed — Informs the customer a PayPal eCheck payment failed and that the order is hold until payment is received.
- Warehouse Order Notification — Notifies a supplier warehouse that an order is ready to fill.
- Ratings and Reviews — Lets you request a review from a customer for items they purchased from your store.
To Customize Email Templates
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Quick Shopping Cart.
- In the Quick Shopping Cart list, click Manage next to the Quick Shopping Cart account you want to use.
- From the Set Up menu, go to the Operations section, and then select Email Templates.
- Next to the email template you want to customize, click the Edit icon.
- Customize the email template.
- To include text from your online store in the introduction or closing of the email, select the option — or segment of text — you want to insert. The variable automatically inserts when the email sends.
- Click OK. The template is customized.