Edit a DS record
Edit your existing DS records if you need to make changes to the current settings. You can edit DS records on domains that are registered with GoDaddy but are not using GoDaddy nameservers and have DNSSEC set up through your DNS provider.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select an individual domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select DNS and then select DS Records.
- Select Edit next to the DS record.
- Edit the details for your DS record.
- Key Tag: The identification number of the DS record, between 1 and 65536.
- Algorithm: Choose an algorithm from the available options.
- Digest Type: Choose 1 or 2 from the menu.
- Digest: A string of alpha-numeric characters.
- Select Save to add your DS record.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Delete an existing DS record if you no longer need it.
- Create a DNS template to quickly apply DNS records to your domains.
- Secure your website further with an SSL and Website Security.