Export your site database
WordPress uses a MySQL database to store the settings for your site. Export a copy of the database your site is connected to, so you can later import it into WordPress.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- In the Managed WordPress section, select Manage for the site you want to migrate.
- From this control panel, select Settings.
- Select Show more to expand the Production Site or Staging Site panel.
- Locate Database details and then select View.
- Copy the Username and Password.
- Select the phpMyAdmin URL to open a new tab.
- Paste the Username and Password that you copied in step 6.
- Select Go.
- Select Export.
- In the Export section, select the database username. Be sure you don't select the schema.
- In the Save as file section, select the Save as file box.
- In the File name field, give your export a name. For example: sitename-database.
- Select Go to download the database SQL file.
- Make note of the table prefix. You'll need this in step 6.