Find the active WordPress theme in a database
If you can’t sign into WordPress and you don’t know which theme is active on your site, you can find that information in the database. It can be useful when troubleshooting errors on your site.
- Sign in to phpMyAdmin.
- From the left menu, select the database your site uses.
- Select the wp_options table (select the text, not the checkbox). Note: wp_ is the default database table prefix. If your table prefix isn't wp_, look for _options. There should only be one _options table.
- In the option_name column, find the template and stylesheet entries. They are usually on the second page of entries.
- In the option_value column, you will find the name of your theme. For example, twentytwentytwo.
- You can also change your WordPress theme in the database.