Get an SSL certificate
Secure your website
Note: We offer a Managed SSL service where we install and manage the SSL certificate for you, if you prefer to spend time on other things.
What is it?
With normal HTTP website traffic, everyone else on the internet could potentially see everything your site’s visitors are doing. When you have an SSL certificate to encrypt your site’s traffic and there's a little lock icon next to your URL in the browser, your visitors can see your site perfectly but anyone eavesdropping sees a jumbled mess.
Why do I need it?
- Visitors feel safe knowing that what they are viewing and any personal information they share with your site cannot be seen by others.
- Laws that protect personal information and most ecommerce payment companies require SSL encryption.
- You don’t want your visitors hurt because their personal information was stolen during their visit to your site.
- It can help with SEO.
- If your SSL isn’t installed correctly, browsers will display a warning that your site cannot be trusted and stop people from visiting your site.
What do I need to do?
Buying an SSL certificate is easy but installing one on your own can be challenging. Take a look at the resources available for your site’s hosting.
Websites + Marketing
Good job! You're already protecting yourself and your visitors. Your site has an SSL certificate and we manage it for you.
WordPress and other content management systems
You can purchase an SSL certificate and install it yourself or purchase a managed SSL Service.
If you do it on your own, you need to purchase the SSL and then:
- Go through the process of requesting, verifying, downloading, installing, redirecting HTTP traffic, and checking your SSL certificate installation.
- Troubleshoot any issues that come up.
- Remember every year that you have to renew the certificate and go through the installation process again.
If you decide to do it on your own, or you have purchased your SSL from another company, take a look at Install my SSL certificate.
Website SecurityWe also offer a range of Website Security offerings to protect your website from the most common cyber threats.
- All Website Security plans include an SSL Certificate, built into the Web Application Firewall (WAF), allowing your site to provide HTTPS encryption and protect your site visitors' sensitive data.
- Our WAF is a powerful tool that provides an extra layer of protection to your website. It works by intercepting and analyzing incoming data, identifying any malicious code, and helping to neutralize potential security threats such as SQL injections and distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
- Our Website Security products and services also include daily website backups and security monitoring. Our daily website backup feature ensures there's a clean copy of your site stored for safe keeping in the event of a breach or outage, while our security monitoring helps to detect and prevent malware attacks.