How to gain access to domains/accounts after owner's death
In order to access a domain/account after its owner's death, you must be an Estate Administrator. You'll need to submit a request with the following documentation:
- A properly completed Change Request form with the Estate Administrator listed as the requestor. This form is located at: changeupdate.com.
- Legal documentation listing the name of the Estate Administrator.
- Death Certificate
- Photo identification for the requestor/Estate Administrator. We require the government-issued photo identification be a color copy, scan, or digital picture containing the pictured person, name, signature, and expiration date clearly identifiable.
- If a business is listed as the registrant/account holder, please provide a copy of the business ID. Examples of acceptable government-issued business identification are:
- A copy of a government-issued business license, which is issued from a local, county, state, or federal agency.
- For U.S. based businesses we can accept an IRS "Determination Letter". You may request a copy of this letter by contacting the IRS at 1-800-829-4933.
Note: We cannot accept copies of articles of incorporation/organization, applications, documents printed from the internet, or tax returns as business ID.
Once this documentation is received, we will inform you if there is any additional information needed to process your request, or we will let you know that your request has been completed.