Import my contacts, calendar, email and tasks
To move Outlook items from one address to another, or one device to another, first create an Outlook backup file. Once you have a backup file, you're ready to import to Outlook. Microsoft no longer supports versions of Outlook older than 2016.
Select your version of Outlook to see its steps. Not sure what version you have? Find your version in Outlook
Outlook for Windows
Outlook for Windows can import PST or comma-separated values (CSV) files.
- Open Outlook.
- In the upper-left corner, select File.
- Select Open & Export, and then Import/Export.
- Select Import from another program or file, and then Next.
- Select your file type (Comma Separated Values for .csv or Outlook Data File for .pst), and then select Next.
- Select Browse.
- Under Options, choose how you want duplicate items to be handled, and then select Next.
- If the file is password protected, enter the password, and then select OK.
- Select the Microsoft 365 mailbox you want to import to. If you're not importing into your Microsoft 365 mailbox, select Import items into the current folder. This option will import your data into the currently selected folder.
- Select Finish. Outlook will start importing the Outlook items from your backup file. Once the progress box disappears, the import is complete.
Outlook for Mac
Outlook for Mac can import PST or OLM files.
- Open Outlook.
- If you're in the new version of Outlook, revert to the legacy version of Outlook. Select Outlook, and then New Outlook. You might have to confirm that you want to revert.
- Select File, and then Export.
- Select your backup file type, and then select Continue.
- Locate the file on your Mac, and then select Import.
- Once the import is complete, select Finish. Your imported items appear in the navigation pane under On My Computer.
Outlook on the web (contacts only)
Outlook on the web can import comma-separated values (CSV), and for best results, the file should have UTF-8 encoding.
- Sign in to Outlook on the web. Use your Microsoft 365 email address and password (your GoDaddy username and password won't work here).
- On the leftmost side of the page, select People.
- Select Manage, and then Import contacts.
- Select Browse, choose your CSV file, and then select Open.
- Select Import.