Mass merchant affiliates and cloned websites (resource overusage)
You cannot host websites that pull content from third parties to generate unique content, often for SEO inflation or for massive affiliate marketing pages. Doing so can cause you to overuse your hosting resources.
Is this an issue for me?
Here are some common causes of overusing resources on your hosting account:
- Automatically pulling content from third party websites on a massive scale
- Hosting multiple affiliate pages strictly for SEO inflation
- Hosting sites or applications with Article Spinning as their main purpose
How can I correct this issue?
You can try to correct resource usage caused by website cloning by following any and all of these steps:
- Remove any and all article spinning and/or website cloning applications.
- Remove any unneeded affiliate pages or sites.
- Migrate to a VPS or dedicated server if the above steps are not an option.
If you are still experiencing issues with resource usage, review your hosting for other possible causes at Common causes for resource overusage (Linux).
You will want to make sure that you are correcting the underlying cause to any resource issue. Simply removing sites and/or files without correcting the underlying issue can cause the problem to recur.