Move my domain to another GoDaddy account
You can transfer a domain name from your GoDaddy account into another GoDaddy account with a domain account change. Your domain is not eligible for an account change if it's pending a contact update approval, within one day of expiration, expired or already undergoing an account change. You'll need to remove Protected Registration before beginning.
You can watch a short video of this task farther down the page.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Check the box next to the domain(s) you want to move to another account. Or, click the check mark icon and Select All.
- From the menu above your domain list, select Ownership, then Move to other GoDaddy Account.
- Enter the new account owner's email address.
- Confirm the new account owner's email address.
- (Optional) Enter the new account owner's shopper ID.
Note: If you enter a shopper ID, the email address you entered must match the email address on the account you're moving the domain to.
- Choose Yes or No under Do you want to copy the current domain contact information to the new account? If you decide not to copy the contact information, you and the new domain owner will need to approve the changes.
- Click Transfer Domain.
You'll receive a confirmation notice stating Your transfer is in progress.
Show me how
- Remember, if you chose to not copy the current domain contact information, those changed will need to be approved.
- You won't be able to transfer the same domain to another registrar for 10 days after completing this process.