Restore my site
Note: These instructions explain how to restore a Managed WordPress site for Basic, Deluxe, Ultimate, and Developer accounts. If you have a Pro Managed WordPress account, see these instructions instead.
Managed WordPress® accounts offer 30 days' worth of backups for your WordPress installation's files and its database. You can select to restore either your files, your database, or both. If you're not sure, check out this info:
Select Files if you recently added, changed, or updated files including:
- Uploaded files via sFTP
- Editing plugins / themes through the WordPress file editor
Select Database if:
- Your site no longer works after you changed some settings and you need to reset it to a previously-working state
- You need to clean up a large amount of recent spam
- Your username or password has changed without your knowledge
Select Files & Database if:
- Your site only loads a white screen
- Your site's security has become compromised
Our backups restore your account to the state it was when we restored it. Any changes made after the restore will be permanently erased. For example, if you restore your database, all posts written after the backup was created will be erased.
To Restore Your Managed WordPress Site
- Log in to Gateway using your GoDaddy login.
- Under the WordPress hosting site you want to use, click Settings.
- Go to the Backups tab.
- Select the type of backup and dates you want to restore from, and then click Restore.
- Click Restore.