Set up email on Windows 8
We know you're excited to get your email set up on Microsoft Windows® 8. We should have it working in about 5 minutes. These steps work for most of our customers, but sometimes you might need to make some additional changes depending on where you live and which ISPs you use.
BEFORE YOU START: To set up Windows 8 with your email, you need to know your IMAP Email Server Settings and ports. To find them, go to the Email Setup Center and write down the information that displays under Email Server Settings.
Note: Windows 8 currently doesn't support POP3 email accounts. To change your email account, see Change Workspace Email settings from POP to IMAP.
To Set Up Email on Windows 8
- On your Windows 8 device, open Email, and then click the Settings icon.
- In the Settings menu, click Accounts.
- Under Accounts, click Add an account.
- Under Add an account, click Other account.
- Click Show more details.
- Enter the following information:
IMAP Email address Enter your full email address. Username Enter your full email address. Password Enter your email account password. Incoming (IMAP) email server imap.secureserver.net Port 143 Outgoing (SMTP) email server smtpout.secureserver.net Port 25
- Select Outgoing server requires authentication.
- Select Use the same username and password to send and receive mail.
- Click Connect.
That's it. If everything is working properly, you should see some email messages. To make sure you can send messages, go ahead and compose an email and send it to yourself.