Transfer my domain away from GoDaddy
Transfer your domain from GoDaddy to another registrar by using our transfer away checklist. If your domain has Domain Privacy turned on, we'll turn it off prior to transferring away so your domain contact info is available to your new registrar.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select the specific domain you'll be transferring to access the Domain Settings page.
- Under Additional Settings select Transfer domain away from GoDaddy.
- You can't transfer a domain within 60 days of new registration or transfer from another registrar, or, in some cases within 60 days of changing the first or last name, organization, or email address of the domain contact info.
- Review the transfer checklist details for additional info.
- Select Continue with transfer.
- Domain Privacy will be turned off after you complete the next step to make sure your domain contact info is transferred to the new registrar.
- If your domain has Domain Protection, you'll need to verify your identity. If you've had two-step verification (2SV) turned on for at least 24 hours, enter the code we sent via SMS, or enter the code from your authenticator app. Otherwise, enter the one-time password we sent to your registrant email address.
- (Optional) Select Click here to see Authorization Code, then Copy to Clipboard to copy your authorization code. We'll also send an email with your auth code to the administrative email address on your domain name.
- Select My Domains to go back to your list of domains.
Finish the transfer process with your new registrar and provide them with the authorization code for your domain name. Check the status of your transfer any time.
- Transfers typically take 5-7 days to complete, but you can help the process by approving the transfer.
- Create and download an exportable list to get the auth codes for multiple domains at once.
- Continue managing DNS through GoDaddy, by adding DNS Hosting after the transfer is complete.