Update contact info for domains with protection
Change the underlying contact info for your domains with Full or Ultimate protection to change the registrant, administrative, technical, or billing contact details. All eligible domains registered with GoDaddy have their domain contact info automatically substituted on WHOIS with proxy details from our privacy service provider, Domains By Proxy®. Changing your contact info won't show those details in the WHOIS directory unless you change the visibility settings on your domain.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Under Contact Information, select Edit.
- Change your contact information as needed. Deselect Use for all contact types to edit info on each tab for individual contact types.
- Select Save to update your contact info.
- Verify your identity. We'll send the verification code via SMS or an authenticator app if you've had 2-step verification (2SV) enabled for at least 72 hours. Otherwise, select Send Password and we'll send a one-time password to your registrant email address.
It can take up to 48 hours for your new information to display on the WHOIS database.
- Don't forget to approve any changes made to the first name, last name, organization or email address if you have your WHOIS privacy settings disabled.
- Upgrade your domain protection to secure your domains even further.
- All eligible domains are enabled with Domains By Proxy® that comes with a private, unique email address that hides your personal email address. Set up this email address to forward messages to your preferred email account.