Verify my business information for Get Found
After you purchase Get Found, we'll ask you to prove you're affiliated with the business by providing one of these items:
- a business phone number
- a business email address matching your domain
- a document displaying your business name and address
Verification ensures that you're authorized to claim and publish information for your business listings, protecting your business and our partners from unauthorized information.
Options to Verify Your Business with Get Found
When you're prompted to verify your business in Get Found, you may do so by email, phone, or document.
To verify your business information by phone, you must be able to accept phone calls at the phone number listed in your Get Found account.
- Select the Phone option as the verification method on the Get Found Welcome page. We'll make an automated call to the Business phone number on file for your business, and we'll provide a 4-digit code when you answer the call.
- Enter the 4-digit code in Get Found to complete verification.
Note: If your business phone number includes an automated message, please verify by email or document instead.
To complete email verification, you must have an email address that belongs to the same domain as the one Get Found has on file for the business - for example, if the domain is coolexample.com, an acceptable email address could be firstname.lastname@example.org. If your business email address doesn't fit this criteria (for example, the email address is email@example.com), please verify by phone or document instead.
- Select the Email option as the verification method on the Get Found Welcome page.
- Provide an email address that contains your business’ website URL in the email extension.
- A verification email will be sent with a link to verify your business (check your spam folder).
- Click the verification link in the email to complete the verification process.
For a document to be valid for verification, it must:
- Include a business name and address that matches the information in the Get Found account. Acceptable examples include an energy bill, phone bill, signed lease, business license or business bank account statement. If you are having issues with verification, please contact Support.
- Be legible and not altered in any way
To Verify by Document
- Select the Document option as the verification method on the Get Found Welcome page.
- Upload a suitable document for review. Our product team will review the document, which can take up to 48 hours to complete.
- Once your submission is verified, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Log back into your business account and launch Get Found.
Note: If a document is rejected, try uploading another document that meets the verification criteria or try verifying instead by email or phone.