What is Advanced Email Security?
Email is essential for any business. It allows you to communicate with employees and vendors, and keeps your team connected on important projects. However, sometimes attackers take advantage of your reliance on email by impersonating others to steal your information or for other malicious reasons.
That's where Advanced Email Security comes in. Advanced Email Security, powered by INKY, protects against cybersecurity threats, including spam, malware, and phishing attacks. It's cloud-based email security that works on any email client, on any device, and displays warning banners directly in messages so you're always one step ahead of attackers.
Note: The GoDaddy account holder must add Advanced Email Security to every email address using their organization's domain(s).
Select a question to see its answer:
- Who needs Advanced Email Security?
- How does Advanced Email Security work?
- What are Advanced Email Security's limitations?
Who needs Advanced Email Security?
Advanced Email Security is useful for anyone who uses email, especially businesses that want to protect their day-to-day operations from disruptions or threats. Email attacks are becoming increasingly sophisticated, which makes them harder to detect. Advanced Email Security identifies potentially harmful email so you can best protect yourself and your business.
How does Advanced Email Security work?
Advanced Email Security uses computer vision, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to detect and protect against malicious email. It's constantly growing and learning to improve its threat recognition and identify suspicious email.
Some of Advanced Email Security's protection technology includes:
- Computer vision and text analysis models to identify if the sender is valid and prevent scams. This includes checking the company logo to determine if it's a forgery and other brand impersonation.
- Social graphing to alert you of text-based phishing emails. It determines if a sender is legitimate to stop impersonation attempts.
- Color coded warning banners on incoming email that include guidance on how to safely treat the email.
- A dashboard where admins can control Advanced Email Security and manage their warning banners.
- Reporting and visualization tools so you have a complete understanding of all email activity.
Advanced Email Security integrates with Microsoft 365 so you have organization-wide security that doesn't slow down mail delivery. All incoming email is automatically checked by Advanced Email Security, and you can track all threats being blocked.
What are Advanced Email Security's limitations?
Advanced Email Security works on any email client, on any device, including mobile. So, wherever you check email, Advanced Email Security is there for you.
With Advanced Email Security, there are some limitations to keep in mind:
- Encrypted outbound messages must be less than 75 MB including attachments.
- Replies in the encryption portal must be less than 75 MB including attachments.
- Encrypted messages will only be retained for 30 days.
- Emails and domains added to Allow or Block lists can’t be deleted, but can be disabled.
There are no send rate limits and no recipient limitations. Microsoft 365 limitations still apply.