What is Managed WordPress?
Managed WordPress is a hosting solution that's designed to give you a faster, more secure, and more optimized WordPress site.
With Managed WordPress, some basic administrative tasks are handled for you, such as installing WordPress, automated daily backups, WordPress core updates, and server-level caching. This means you can focus on what you do best, which is creating and publishing content that engages your audience.
Managed WordPress key features at a glance:
- The latest version of WordPress is automatically installed.
- Automatic WordPress core updates.
- Performance-enhancing caching.
- Automatic, daily backups (last 30 days).
- Integrated SSL is included for the life of your hosting account.
- One-click migration tool.
- Enhanced security through restricted file access.
- Secure access to your files and database with SFTP and phpMyAdmin.
Because of these optimizations, there are also some limitations you should be aware of. For example, Managed WordPress does not support WordPress multisite networks, and there's a curated list of plugins that cannot be installed due to security vulnerabilities, duplicate functionality of built-in features, poor performance characteristics, and some that are non-functional.
With Managed WordPress, you can rest assured that your site is always up-to-date, secure, and performing at its best. This means you can spend more time creating quality content, engaging with your customers, and building your brand.