About .no Domains
Uninett Norid AS is the sponsor and backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .no extensions that represents Norway.
Who can register .no domains?
Only Norwegian Residents can register .no domain names. They must register for and provide a personal identification code, as well as sign a declaration form confirming eligibility. Individual registrants are limited to a maximum of 5 domain names for registration.
When registering a .no domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 2 - 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters: a-z, Numbers: 0-9, Hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Supported, Latin
- Registration length: 1 year
- Renewal length: 1 year
- You must renew your .no domain name by its expiration date. If you do not manually renew it by its expiration date, you can attempt to recover it, and there might be a fee to do so. See Renew my expired GoDaddy domain for instructions.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- There will be a charge to process a Transfer In and there will be no extension to the domain expriation date. Renewals on Transfers In are not supported. If a domain has expired at the time a registrant intiates a Transfer In, the registrant must renew the domain at the previous registrar prior to starting the Tranfer In process.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Not Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cash Parking: Not Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the domain's contact information, please contact our GoDaddy Guides.
- Must use: 2-8 Authoritive Nameservers, Unique IP address for each
- Can use: IPv4, DNSSEC
- Cannot use: IPv6
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.