Turn off auto-renew
Follow these steps to cancel auto-renew for a product. This won't cancel or delete the product from your account, but it makes sure it doesn't auto-renew. Of course, you can manually renew the product whenever you like.
Note: If you’ve purchased your product through a mobile app store like the Apple App Store or Google Play, you’ll need to use that mobile app store to make changes to your subscription.
- Go to your GoDaddy Renewals & Billing page.
- Check the box to select the product or domain you want to turn off auto-renew.
- Click Cancel Renewal.
- A new window will appear. Click Cancel Renewal and we'll confirm that automatic renewal has been cancelled.
Note: If you have Ownership Protection on your domain, you'll need to verify your identity. We'll send a verification code via SMS or authenticator app if you've had two-step verification (2SV) enabled in your account for more than 72 hours. Otherwise, select Send Password to send a one-time password to your registrant email address.
- When auto-renewal is cancelled, the Billing Date column displays the date that your product subscription ends. You can keep using the product until the end of your subscription.
- Here's how to manually renew your products.
- If you're unable to turn off auto-renew for a domain, it's possible that the domain status is pending updates. Domains must be in active status before you can change the auto-renew setting.
- If a domain just doesn't work out, here's how to cancel a domain from your account.
- If a product (other than a domain) just doesn't work out, you can delete the product from your account at any time.
- To find out if you're eligible for a refund, you need to contact customer support.
- Here's our refund policy .