Update a plugin in your WordPress dashboard
Update your plugins to their latest version to ensure compatibility with new WordPress releases and to make your site more secure.
Warning: You should always back up your site before updating.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- In the left-side menu, select Dashboard > Updates.
- Scroll down to the Plugins section.
- Select the checkbox for the plugins you want to update and then select Update Plugins.
Note: If you have a premium or custom plugin that can't be updated from the WordPress dashboard, try updating your plugin with FTP.
- Install a plugin in WordPress
- Activate and deactivate plugins in WordPress
- If you don't want to deal with plugin updates yourself, we also have a WordPress Premium Support service that can take care of that for you.