Update a theme in WordPress
Update your theme to its latest version to make sure that it's compatible with new WordPress releases and to make your site more secure.
Warning: You should always back up your site before updating.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- In the left-side menu, select Dashboard and then Updates.
- Scroll down to the Themes section.
- Select the checkbox for the theme you want to update and then select Update Themes.
Note: If you have a premium or custom theme that can't be updated from the WordPress dashboard, try updating your theme with FTP.
- Install a theme from the WordPress repository
- Change my WordPress theme
- If you don't want to deal with theme updates yourself, we also have a WordPress Premium Support service that can take care of that for you.