Create a staging site
Create a Managed WordPress staging site to test changes without affecting your live site.
Note: Staging sites are available on all Managed WordPress plans except Basic. If you have a Basic plan, you'll need to upgrade your plan.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- In your My Products page, next to Managed WordPress, select Manage All.
- For the site you want to use, select the menu and then select Staging.
- Select Create Staging Site.
Note:If you've got a Pro plan (available only in U.S.A. and Canada), that's all you need to do. It'll take a few minutes for us to make a copy of your production site to use as a staging site. For all other plans, continue with the next step.
- Decide how you want to stage your site by choosing:
- Clone from production: To copy your entire existing site into a staging site.
- Copy site design: To only copy your existing themes and plugins with no content.
- Select Create. It'll take a few minutes for us to create the staging site.